What are your plans this summer? Are you looking for the next step-up toward leadership?
Managing, developing, and supporting are just some of the duties of our Assistant Director of Studies. It’s a great opportunity for you to earn over the summer, while working in a multicultural environment dedicated to teaching our young students English.
We’re an English Language school, with locations in Canterbury, Cambridge, London Uxbridge, Central London, Bournemouth, and Oakham. We welcome groups of young students from overseas, usually for periods of 7-14 days at a time. During their stay, they’re immersed into learning with a fun and dynamic academic and activity programme.
Our teachers will benefit from your expertise, as you guide and support them with their own teaching journey. It’s a real team spirit and a truly valuable experience for all involved.
Here’s some of the duties you’ll be involved in:
- Assisting the Director of Studies in managing the academic programme and the teaching team to ensure that students and teachers alike, gain the most from their time with us
- Deputising responsibility for teaching resources and high-quality delivery of lessons
- Ensuring academic lessons and activities are integrated to promote the best learning experience for our students. This includes organising rotas for teachers who are involved within the activities programme
- Supporting with weekly staff meetings and conducting weekly CPD sessions
- Guiding NQTs and experienced teachers, observing, appraising, and giving feedback on teaching performance, in a supportive, effective manner. We’re proud to champion CPD here at Stafford house
- Participating in pastoral duties with our students, including night-duties on a rota basis
- Working up to 55 hours over 6 days per week – as part of the management team, this is a fully immersive position
What’s in it for you?
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, fun, and multicultural educational environment
- Opportunity to gain experience toward a career of working with young people or teaching
- Working with a highly experienced and supportive team
- Opportunity to gain or further your management experience with a full management training weekend and ongoing support throughout your contract
- Food + accommodation provided
- £574.75 per week + holiday entitlement. Increments available
Some of what you’ll need to join us over the summer as Director of Studies:
- Proven successful experience of full time EFL experience
- CELTA or Trinity College London Licentiate Diploma in TESOL or PGCE TEFL/TESOL or Post graduate taught course (MA equivalent) in TEFL/TESOL, including at least 6 hours of supervised teaching practice
- Educated to degree level
- Be a great communicator, with a level of spoken and written English equivalent to CEF level C1/CAE/IELTS 7.0
Who are we? For more than 70 years we have been providing high quality English Language and activity courses for young learners. We offer 6 fantastic study locations within the UK with a wide range of courses to choose from including English Language and activities, creative Art & Design, sports, and academic preparation courses.
Stafford House International is part of CATS Global Schools (CGS), a leading education group committed to inspiring the next generation of world shapers.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING
Stafford House and CATS Global Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expect everyone connected with the organisation to share this commitment. All positions are subject to safer recruitment Pre-Employment Checks in line with KCSIE guidelines which includes an enhanced DBS check (DBS process paid for by CATS Global Schools), 2 references and if applicable, an overseas police check.
OUR COMMITMENT TO INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY
We are committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging. Building on our core values - Pioneering, Persevering, People - we pledge to deliver a series of events, guest speakers and focus groups to ensure we offer respect and understanding to all communities.
What are you waiting for? We look forward to hearing from you. Good luck!