School’s out for some, but not for us here at our vibrant Summer School programmes, based in Canterbury, Cambridge, London Uxbridge, Central London, Bournemouth and Oakham.
Working as an Activity Leader at our school in either Canterbury, Cambridge, London Uxbridge, Central London, Bournemouth, or Oakham is a fantastic opportunity for you to travel, meet new people and cultures. You’ll gain experience and earn money over the summer months. If you’re not local to us, we can even support you with a residential accommodation package.
This is a fun, high-energy role. You will be planning and leading activities for our overseas students who generally stay with us for 7-14 days to learn English. With your help as Activity Leader, students are immersed into the UK culture and your part is to support them on their English language learning journey.
What’s in it for you as an Activity Leader?
- A great opportunity if you are pursuing a career in education, sports or drama, with appraisals and training, ideal for your continuous professional development
- Opportunity for new experiences, while you earn over the summer holidays
- Accommodation + food included at a nominal cost if you are residential
- You are welcomed and supported with a full induction and training on your first day and throughout your contract
- Earn while gaining experience in supporting young people in a multi-cultural environment
- Lots of our Activity Leaders return in the following summers, which gives them the option to progress to more senior roles within our Summer Holiday programmes and beyond.
What’s the role? Here’s a little of what’s involved:
- Preparing for, and leading pre-planned activity sessions for groups of young people – this will utilise your skills in sports, creative arts, and entertainment
- Leading and supporting pre-planned excursions to various places of interest
- Encouraging and supporting students to take-part in fun activities, excursions, or events
- Carry out mealtime and free-time supervision, with some ‘lights-out’ duties (if residential)
- Caring for the health, safety, and well-being of our students
- Join us for contracts of 2-6 weeks over the summer
- Working 48 hours per week over a 6-day week. This is a fully immersive working experience.
- Basic rate of £500.16 per week for 23 and over, £488.64 per week for those aged 18-22 (Minus £63.70 accommodation offset if residential. This amount is set by the government and is subject to change). (Residential not available in Central London) + holiday entitlement. Increments for coaching, first aid and lifesaving certificates available at selected centres.
What you’ll need to be an Activity Leader:
- Lots of confidence and enthusiasm. You don’t need to be an expert in a specific activity or be a good sportsperson, just have the interest and ability to lead the varied activities for groups of young people
- You must be professional, friendly and have a good understanding of how to support the well-being of young people
- Be flexible, adaptable, and able to think on your feet
- Be a great communicator with a good level of spoken and written English equivalent to CEF level C1/CAE/IELTS 6.5
- Safeguarding is a big part of the job, and we take it very seriously. So, as you would expect, if successful we will facilitate an Enhanced DBS check as part of our safer recruitment policy
Who are we? For more than 70 years we have been providing high quality English Language and activity courses for young learners. We offer 6 fantastic study locations within the UK with a wide range of courses to choose from including English Language and activities, creative Art & Design, sports, and academic preparation courses.
Stafford House International is part of CATS Global Schools (CGS), a leading education group committed to inspiring the next generation of world shapers.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING
Stafford House and CATS Global Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expect everyone connected with the organisation to share this commitment. All positions are subject to safer recruitment. Pre-Employment Checks in line with KCSIE guidelines which includes an enhanced DBS check (DBS process paid for by CATS Global Schools), 2 references and if applicable, an overseas police check
OUR COMMITMENT TO INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY
We are committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging. Building on our core values - Pioneering, Persevering, People - we pledge to deliver a series of events, guest speakers and focus groups to ensure we offer respect and understanding to all communities
What are you waiting for? We look forward to hearing from you. Good luck!