Do you have experience of managing the seamless running of events, activities, or excursions? Do you have great leadership qualities? If so, our Activities Manager position could provide you with the diverse challenge you’ve been looking for.
We’re an English Language school, with locations in Canterbury, Cambridge, London Uxbridge, Central London, Bournemouth and Oakham. We are a large Study Holiday programme which welcomes young students from overseas, during the summer months. We believe that the best learning isn’t just in the classroom, and that’s where you come in. We have a comprehensive activities programme which supports the academic aspect and includes a wide range of activities, excursions and events all geared to making our student’s learning journey educational and fun.
Here's some of what an Activities Manager does:
- You will be taking overall responsibility and delivery of the smooth-running of our activities, events, and excursions programme, based in Canterbury, Cambridge, London Uxbridge, Central London, Bournemouth or Oakham
- Building great working relationships with the management and wider team, to provide our students with the safest and most enjoyable experience
- Playing an active role in the pastoral care of students, including night-duties on a rota basis
- Playing an active role in the induction, ongoing support and training of Activity Leaders, Senior Activity Leaders and Teachers
- Managing, motivating and briefing the activity team and oversee their designated tasks, and reporting to the Director of Studies for the management of teachers on the activities programme
- Working up to 60 hours over 6 days per week – as part of the management team, this is a fully immersive position
What’s in it for you?
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, fun and multicultural education environment
- Opportunity to gain experience toward a career of working with young people or teaching
- Working with a highly experienced and supportive team
- Opportunity to gain or further your management experience with a full management training weekend and ongoing support throughout your contract
- Food + accommodation provided
- £627.00 per week + holiday entitlement 3
Some of what you’ll need to join Stafford House Study Holidays as an Activities Manager:
- Previous experience of running an activity/leisure programme or similar is essential (preferably in a summer/school setting)
- Be a great communicator with a good level of spoken and written English equivalent to CEF level C1/CAE/IELTS 7.0
- Ideally be degree educated
- Be a supportive leader, able to effectively manage your team, ensuring the happiness, safety and well-being of staff and students alike
- You must be professional and friendly. Safeguarding is a big part of the job, and we take it very seriously. So, as you would expect, if successful, we will facilitate an Enhanced DBS check as part of our safer recruitment policy
Who are we? For more than 70 years, we have been providing high quality English Language and activity courses for young learners. We offer 6 fantastic study locations within the UK with a wide range of courses to choose from including English Language and activities, creative Art & Design, sports, and academic preparation courses.
Stafford House International is part of CATS Global Schools (CGS), a leading education group committed to inspiring the next generation of world shapers
OUR COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING
Stafford House and CATS Global Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expect everyone connected with the organisation to share this commitment. All positions are subject to safer recruitment Pre-Employment Checks in line with KCSIE guidelines which includes an enhanced DBS check (DBS process paid for by CATS Global Schools), 2 references and if applicable, an overseas police check
OUR COMMITMENT TO INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY
We are committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging. Building on our core values - Pioneering, Persevering, People - we pledge to deliver a series of events, guest speakers and focus groups to ensure we offer respect and understanding to all communities
What are you waiting for? We look forward to hearing from you. Good luck!