About CATS Cambridge
CATS College Cambridge offers an outstanding international pre-university educational experience to students aged 14+ from all over the world. CATS students live and work at the custom built Cambridge campus, studying for GCSEs, A levels and University Foundation Programmes, and preparing for admission to universities across the country and elsewhere. We pride ourselves on our approach to teaching and learning, with small class sizes and an informal atmosphere ensuring that students are treated as individuals and build great relationships with staff.
OVERVIEW OF THE JOB
To work under direct supervision of the head nurse to provide nursing care, administrative and general assistance to students/staff according to the Medical Care Policy.
To assist in providing appropriate care to those accessing the Health Centre.
To provide administrative support to the nurses.
To contribute towards the smooth running of the Health Centre.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
- To administer medication under direction of the Nurse (after training).
- To perform basic clinical tasks as directed by the Nurse as listed below:
- History taking.
- Height and Weight.
- Triage students as they attend the Health Centre.
- To order medical stock as required.
- To assist in checking deliveries are accurate and unpacking stock.
- To assist in stock taking and the safe storage of medication.
- To assist in maintaining stock rotation.
- To maintain stock levels in First Aid boxes.
- To assist new students with Doctor’s Registrations.
- To answer phone calls from staff and students.
- To respond to emails from GP practice and other agencies.
- To book appropriate medical/dental/optician appointments for students and communicate this to them.
- To accompany students under 16 to medical appointments.
- To manage the Sick Bay as listed below:
- Keeping the area clean/tidy
- Clean bedding
- Arrange/offer food and drinks
- To contribute to the provision of Health Promotion.
- To undertake any other duties as required.
ABOUT CATS COLLEGES
In the context of international education, the name CATS is known and loved by generations of learners and is synonymous with excellence. Originally, CATS was an acronym for Cambridge Arts, Technology and Science, representing the focus of the founding colleges based in the city. However, today, CATS Colleges, is much broader, it brings together a number of schools in four countries (UK, US, Canada and China). Its portfolio includes independent boarding schools, an Arts University College, English language schools and a variety of summer schools all with the common purpose of “inspiring the next generation of world shapers.”
CATS Global Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect everyone connected with the College/s to share this commitment. We operate a number of different educational brands: CATS Colleges in Cambridge, Canterbury, and London; CATS Academy in Boston; CSVPA and Stafford House English language schools and study holidays. We benefit from being part of a global team focused